Do you own a ball python? I’m looking for participants for a research study on the species.
1) ball python(s)
2) decent camera (dslr preferred, but point & shoot with macro feature works also)
3) at least one photo of your snake**
4) If known: Snout-Vent Length (mm), Sex and Age of snake
1) Photo needs to be similar to the photo in this picture- that is taken from directly above the snake on the same plane as the snake’s head with the head flat.
2) scales need to be in focus/not obscured by bedding material or stuck shed. In shed is acceptable as long as individual scales are easily distinguishable. (note that in the example the scales are slightly blurry, this is workable… but sharp is best! natural lighting is good for this)
send me a note or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
**By participating in this study you give me permission to use your photograph(s) during my research. I am also looking for individuals who have multiple ball pythons and are willing to participate in a long-term study which requires bimonthly photographs (same headshot pose) of the animal for a period of 2-3 years (participants who have 4-5+ snakes and participate in the long term study can be formally acknowledged in all publications that result from this research if desired, all other participants will be acknowledged when as possible in presentations if desired).
Please distribute this information to anyone you know who keeps or breeds ball pythons!